Anna S. FooteAssociate
- J.D., University of Kansas, Advocacy Certificate, 2010
- B.A., University of Virginia, American Politics, 2005
- B.A., University of Virginia, Spanish, 2005
- District of Columbia
- Nonprofit and Tax-exempt Organizations
- Charitable Solicitations and Fundraising Counsel Regulatory and Compliance
- First Amendment
- Telemarketing Regulatory and Compliance
Foote is an associate and advises clients on the formation and governance of nonprofit and other tax-exempt organizations. She focuses on matters involving qualifications for tax-exempt organizations as well as issues pertaining to charitable solicitation and fundraising laws. Foote also advises clients on federal and state telemarketing laws, First Amendment issues and regulatory compliance issues.
Foote previously served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri in the Consumer Protection Division and worked as an associate at an international law firm in Washington, DC.
“The U.S. Military’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Policy: The Aftermath of Lawrence,” Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy, Spring 2010 edition
Foote lives in Westwood Hills, Kansas, and enjoys traveling and playing the violin in the Westwood Ensemble.